This is the Linux app named xxHash whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.8.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named xxHash with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
xxHash is an extremely fast non-cryptographic hash algorithm, working at RAM speed limit. It is proposed in four flavors (XXH32, XXH64, XXH3_64bits and XXH3_128bits). The latest variant, XXH3, offers improved performance across the board, especially on small data. It successfully completes the SMHasher test suite which evaluates collision, dispersion and randomness qualities of hash functions. Code is highly portable, and hashes are identical across all platforms (little / big endian). Performance on large data is only one part of the picture. Hashing is also very useful in constructions like hash tables and bloom filters. In these use cases, it's frequent to hash a lot of small data (starting at a few bytes). Algorithm's performance can be very different for such scenarios, since parts of the algorithm, such as initialization or finalization, become fixed cost. The impact of branch misprediction also becomes much more present.
- XXH3 has been designed for excellent performance on both long and small inputs
- You can download and install xxHash using the vcpkg dependency manager
- Finally, xxHash provides its own massive collision tester
- The xxHash port in vcpkg is kept up to date by Microsoft team members and community contributors
- Beyond the C reference version, xxHash is also available from many different programming languages
- Many distributions bundle a package manager which allows easy xxhash installation as both a libxxhash library and xxhsum command line interface
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xxhash.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.