This is the Linux app named YaCy Peer-to-Peer Search Engine whose latest release can be downloaded as yacy_v1.922_20191014_9966.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named YaCy Peer-to-Peer Search Engine with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
YaCy Peer-to-Peer Search Engine
YaCy is a free search engine that anyone can use to build search the internet (www and ftp) or to create a search portal for others (internet or intranet). The scale of YaCy is limited only by the number of users and can index billions of web pages. In p2p mode it is fully decentralized, all users of the search engine network are equal and it is not possible for anyone to censor the content of the distributed index.
- Web Crawling
- Your Own Search Portal
- Intranet Indexing
- Drop-In Replacement of Google Search Appliance
- Embedded Solr - provides Solr API
- Peer-to-Peer Index Sharing
Non-Profit Organizations, Information Technology, System Administrators, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/yacy/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.