This is the Linux app named zxmmcfid whose latest release can be downloaded as zxmmc.fid. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named zxmmcfid with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONCP/M Plus on ZX Spectrum +3 has ability to load device drivers from normal disk files (with .fid extension) on boot. One of the most important devices for any disk operating system is the mass storage drive. Although ZXMMC device is available on the market for years and it works well with +3e firmware, partitions created on MMC cards could not be accessed from CP/M world. At some point it became so frustrating, I decided to write FID driver for it. It's not perfect, but it works surprisingly well.
For list of limitations, build instructions and more details see the source code file.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/zxmmcfid/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.