This is the Windows app named 4chan (Xchan) thread image downloader whose latest release can be downloaded as XChan2.5B.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named 4chan (Xchan) thread image downloader with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
4chan (Xchan) thread image downloader
Current version: XChan 2.5B
- Due to .NET framework being shitty and downloading empty images I added a checking function that auto deletes the file and re-downloads them
- Added a board downloader
There's probably bugs somewhere, but use it properly and you shouldn't encounter any.
P.S - This is most probably the last update I'll make on this project.
Current version: XChan 2.5
Here's the tl;dr:
I'm a lazy guy, 4chan changed its source so I eventually had to update the program.
I've rewritten it in C# and added multithreading (each thread is downloaded on a seperate process thread).
I haven't had any time to actually test for bugs so apologies for that.
Lastly, this is working with 4chan ONLY at the moment. I might update it and add other boards later.
A final note: Any version prior to 2.5 will not work with 4chan (I cannot confirm about the other boards as I no longer use them)
- Automatically rechecks threads for new content after downloading
- Supports a number of different Chan based boards
- Quick, efficient and easy to use
- Downloads threads (including images, thumbs, scripts and .css) with the .html
- Saves thread URL list on shutdown and reloads list during start up
Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/xchanthreadimag/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.