This is the Windows app named An Open Source Knowledge Base System whose latest release can be downloaded as openkbs-0.0.10.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named An Open Source Knowledge Base System with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
An Open Source Knowledge Base System
Free open source knowledge base software. Extensively search-able, Versatile and easy to use. easy to set up and administer. Comment hover links let you read in an AJAX generated hover window, the comments to an article in the main list view without having to go to the comments page. Password protected user accounts, and group support, with read only guest user, full control admin, power user/moderator, and default data entry user with restricted privileges. Users can view all data but only modify their own data unless user is admin or moderator, default users can't delete anything. Moderator is more restricted then admin but less restricted then default user. Supported data export formats: .doc .xls .csv .pdf and .xml. Printing and exporting can be done from any part of the site. single articles or multiple items from the list view. Multiple report types to keep track of your site. Change password support, Password recovery by user name or email support
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkbs/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.