This is the Windows app named APEX Blogging platform whose latest release can be downloaded as blog_application.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named APEX Blogging platform with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
APEX Blogging platform
Fully customizable Blog application with front-end (Blog Reader) and admin part (Blog Admin) built in Oracle Application Express (APEX) in 2011. To run the application it is enough to install free Oracle XE database or it can be run on the top of licensed Oracle database that has APEX installed.
Front end contains 4 main pages:
Blog Reader features can be well seen in the screenshots.
Blog Admin application main features are as follows:
- add/modify articles and categories, manage/reply comments, maintain links
- upload files and pictures
- Blog reader usage dashboard with Access statistics, clicks counts and etc
- user management.
Initial CSS template can be seen on pictures attached.
Installation: install files in Apex according to the file type, also run ddl file.
- front-end application where articles are shown
- front-end uses a predefined css style but own style can be utilized
- front-end contains Resources page where links can be placed
- front-end has Files page where files can be shared
- front-end contains Visitors page with the visitor statistics map
- front-end allows articles comments to be created by visitors
- front-end allows rating of articles by visitors
- admin application is separated by admin login
- admin application allows to create, modify articles and categories
- admin application allows to manage/reply comments
- in admin application one can upload files and pictures, share links
- admin application contains front-end application usage statistics
- admin application contains user management
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/blogging-platform/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.