This is the Windows app named Archivematica whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.13.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Archivematica with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Archivematica is a web- and standards-based, open-source application which allows your institution to preserve long-term access to trustworthy, authentic, and reliable digital content. Our target users are archivists, librarians, and anyone working to preserve digital objects. You are free to copy, modify, and distribute Archivematica with attribution under the terms of the AGPLv3 license. Archivematica is an open-source application based on recognized standards that makes it possible to preserve long-term access to your institution's digital content. Archivematica is a set of free software tools that allow the user to process digital objects from the moment they are entered into the system until their publication according to the ISO-OAIS functional model. The user can monitor and control the ingestion and preservation of micro-services through the control panel. Archivematica uses standards such as METS, PREMIS, Dublin Core, and the BagIt specification.
- Our target users are archivists, librarians, and anyone working to preserve digital objects
- Preserve long-term access to trustworthy, authentic and reliable digital content
- Archivematica consists of several projects working together
- Developer facing documentation, requirements analysis and community resources
- Paid support, hosting, training, consulting and software development contracts from Artefactual
- User and administrator documentation
- Forum/mailing list for user questions (both technical and end-user)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/archivematica.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.