This is the Windows app named Astropy whose latest release can be downloaded as v5.2.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Astropy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The Astropy Project is a community effort to develop a common core package for Astronomy in Python and foster an ecosystem of interoperable astronomy packages. Astropy is a Python library for use in astronomy. Learn Astropy provides a portal to all of the Astropy educational material through a single dynamically searchable web page. It allows you to filter tutorials by keywords, search for filters, and make search queries in tutorials and documentation simultaneously. The Anaconda Python Distribution includes Astropy and is the recommended way to install both Python and the Astropy package. The astropy package contains key functionality and common tools needed for performing astronomy and astrophysics with Python. It is at the core of the Astropy Project, which aims to enable the community to develop a robust ecosystem of affiliated packages covering a broad range of needs for astronomical research, data processing, and data analysis.
- Constants (astropy.constants)
- Units and quantities (astropy.units)
- Unified file read and write interface
- Cosmological calculations (astropy.cosmology)
- Convolution and filtering (astropy.convolution)
- Astronomical coordinate systems (astropy.coordinates)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/astropy.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.