This is the Windows app named BookStack whose latest release can be downloaded as BookStackv21.08.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named BookStack with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
BookStack is a free and open source platform for storing and organising information and documentation. A self-hosted and opinionated wiki system, BookStack is simple and easy to use, giving even new users with just basic word-processing skills a pleasant out of the box experience.
BookStack offers a relaxed, open and positive approach. While the platform can provide advanced power features to those who want them, it is primarily designed not to be extensible outside of its core purpose. That being said, BookStack already comes with plenty of powerful features, such as search and linking, cross-book sorting, image management and more. It is also multi-lingual and offers options for authentication integration.
- Easy, Simple Interface
- Fully Searchable and Connected
- Configuration Options
- Cross-book sorting
- Page revisions
- Image management
- Optional Markdown Editor
- Integrated Authentication
- Free and Open Source
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/bookstack.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.