This is the Windows app named Cake whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.0.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Cake with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Cake (C# Make) is a free and open-source cross-platform build automation system with a C# DSL for tasks such as compiling code, copying files and folders, running unit tests, compressing files, and building NuGet packages. Cake is built on top of the Roslyn compiler which enables you to write your build scripts in pure C# in either a standard console project, using Cake Frosting, or as Cake script using Cake .NET Tool. Cake runs on a modern .NET platform (.NET Core 3.1 or .NET 5 and newer) and is available on Windows, Linux, and macOS. See Runners for a list of available runners. Cake can run as simple console applications with full IDE integration including IntelliSense or refactoring. There are extensions available to provide advanced features for the most popular IDEs and editors. See Editors for a detailed feature list. Regardless if you're building on your own machine, or building on a CI system such as Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Cake will always be free and open source
- Cake supports the most common tools used during builds
- Cake can run as simple console applications with full IDE integration
- Cake runs on modern .NET platform
- Available on Windows, Linux and macOS
- Cake is built on top of the Roslyn compiler
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cake.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.