This is the Windows app named Canorus whose latest release can be downloaded as canorus-0.7.3rc3.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Canorus with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Canorus is a free cross-platform music score editor. It supports an unlimited number and length of staffs, polyphony, a MIDI playback of notes, chord markings, lyrics, import/export filters to formats like MIDI, MusicXML, ABC Music, MusiXTeX and LilyPond
- Canorus ML Format (optionally as archive)
- Scripting and Plugins (Python working, Ruby planned)
- Multiple Views for different tasks (Score, CLI, Source, Help
- Several configuration options for Editing, Appearance, Playback, Print
- Translations into many different languages
- Multiple Platform support (like Windows, Mac, Linux, *BSD)
- Standard Notation elements (Rests, Notes, Clefs, Key/Time Signatures etc.)
- Several Import Possibilities (Midi, MusicXML, Simple Lilypond, more planned)
- Many Exporters available (Midi, MusicXML, Lilypond, more planned)
- Zooming of Score and Several Score Views
- Properties for music elements (staff, note, barline, voices, slures etc.)
- Document Properties (Title, Composer, Copyright, Arranger etc.)
- Document Recovery
- Midi Recording and Playback as well as GM instrument configuration
- Undo/Redo, Copy&Paste
- Marks (Fermata, (De)Crescendo, Dynamics, Repeat, Fingering etc.)
- Print Preview and Printing via Lilypond (more backends planned)
- Coloring of music elements (for education), only scriptable for now
- PDF and SVG export based on Lilypond
- Midi based on well-tested backends: PMidi and RTMidi
Developers, End Users/Desktop, Testers
Console/Terminal, Plugins, Qt
Python, C++, Ruby
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/canorus/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.