This is the Windows app named Cassette Retro Player whose latest release can be downloaded as CassetteRetroPlayer-0.1.2.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Cassette Retro Player with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Cassette Retro Player
Transform a set of mp3 files into a virtual cassette and interact with it just like a real cassette.
Live again all that emotional load attached to the cassette format and the way you interacted with these gadgets: press play, rewind, fast forward and reverse the cassette tape. Concepts that do not exist anymore in modern media players in the same way, but they are still wired in your brain with the music you used to listen in the 70s, 80s and 90s and the places and people that were around you at those moments.
Play the music as you used to do it decades ago, and bring a piece of happiness from the past. Nostalgia ensured.
- Simple controls: Play, pause, rewind, fast forward, stop, eject and master volume.
- Customize cassette color and label aspect.
- Create a cassette library with all your most appreciated music.
- Edit cassette track list, adding, removing and reordering the audio files.
- Support for mp3, aac, and all popular audio formats.
- Because the music sounds better in the format in which you heard it for the first time.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cassette-retro-player/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.