This is the Windows app named Certbot whose latest release can be downloaded as certbot-beta-installer-win32.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Certbot with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Certbot is a fully-featured, easy-to-use, extensible client for the Let's Encrypt CA. It fetches a digital certificate from Let’s Encrypt, an open certificate authority launched by the EFF, Mozilla, and others. This certificate then lets browsers verify the identity of web servers and ensures secure communication over the Web.
Obtaining and maintaining a certificate is usually such a hassle, but with Certbot and Let’s Encrypt it becomes automated and hassle-free. With just a few simple commands, you can turn on and manage HTTPS.
Certbot runs directly on the web server, so make sure to check with your hosting provider first if you are able to use Certbot.
- Supports various web servers, including apache/2.x, nginx/0.8.48+, webroot and more
- Locally generated private key
- Can talk to the Let's Encrypt CA or to other ACME compliant services
- Can obtain domain-validated (DV) certificates
- Ability to revoke certificates
- Adjustable RSA key bit-length
- Can install a http -> https redirect as an option, so your site runs https only (Apache only)
- Fully automated
- Configuration changes are logged and can be reverted
- Interactive text UI support, or driven entirely from the command line
- Free and open source
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/certbot.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.