This is the Windows app named check vpn whose latest release can be downloaded as CheckVpn.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named check vpn with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This tool check every x seconds your public ip adress, if it changes (vpn fall down for example) it stops one or several programs. When the VPN crash this tool can send a mail, play a sound.
- This tool work on Windows and Linux.
- You need to install JAVA 1,8 on your operating system
- Download checkvpn.zip and unzip it
- Double click on checkvpn.jar
- Click on the button « Update ip » when the VPN is stopped to get your public ip address.
- Type the programs separated by semicolon that you would like to stop when the vpn is falling down (ex: utorrent.exe;firefox.exe on linux just put « firefox » no extension)
- Click on start button and the program will check every x seconds your ip address, if it not the vpn's ip the programs will be stopped by this tool.
- The option « auto start » start the process automaticaly.
- The ip adress is geolocalized via MaxMind
the web site http://check.vpn.free.fr
- Check regularly your public ip address
- Stops some programs
- Send a mail
- Play a sound
Java Swing, Java AWT
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/check-vpn/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.