This is the Windows app named checkstyle whose latest release can be downloaded as checkstyle-10.12.4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named checkstyle with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Checkstyle is a development tool to help programmers write Java code that adheres to a coding standard. It automates the process of checking Java code to spare humans of this boring (but important) task. This makes it ideal for projects that want to enforce a coding standard. Checkstyle is highly configurable and can be made to support almost any coding standard. An example configuration files are supplied supporting the Sun Code Conventions, Google Java Style. Checkstyle can check many aspects of your source code. It can find class design problems, method design problems. It also has the ability to check code layout and formatting issues. Since Checkstyle 7, some users have been unable to continue upgrading to newer versions of the utility because of the new JDK 1.8 compile requirement. The development team doesn't have the resources to keep updating the utility for older JDKs for those that can't work with the latest version.
- Continuous integration and quality reports
- Checkstyle can check many aspects of your source code
- It can find class design problems, method design problems
- Has the ability to check code layout and formatting issues
- Checkstyle is highly configurable and can be made to support almost any coding standard
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/checkstyle.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.