This is the Windows app named CodeSounding whose latest release can be downloaded as codesounding-embedded-1.5.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CodeSounding with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
CodeSounding is a sonification framework which makes possible to hear how any existing Java program "sounds like", by assigning instruments and pitches to code statements (if, for, etc) so that the flowing of execution is played as a flow of music.
- Instrument (via an ANTLR template) Java source code with callbacks to a runtime configurable sonification algorithm
- Play as MIDI by ABC and jMusic
- Provide frames to JACK Linux audio server
- Transform the execution trace to a musical score in PDF
- Play raw oscillators with JSyn
- Sonification with Max / MSP or Pure Data patches
Advanced End Users, Developers
Command-line, Project is a templating system
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/codesounding/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.