This is the Windows app named Community Food Hub whose latest release can be downloaded as CommunityFoodHub_v1.0.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Community Food Hub with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Community Food Hub
The Community Food Hub software provides a web-based ordering system for community food coops and veg box schemes.
The system works on a cyclical basis. At the start of an ordering cycle, suppliers update their products. Customers may then log in, choose a collection day and location, and add goods to their baskets. Once the customer submits an order, they receive an email invoice. Payment is made on collection.
The system supports cycles of arbitrary length (for example: weekly, fortnightly), multiple collection days and locations per cycle, and veg and fruit boxes in addition to individual goods.
The system provides reports for suppliers, and for collection day activities such as packing boxes and receiving payment. Customers can receive credits and refunds between cycles.
Community Food Hub uses PHP (up to 5.3) with a MySQL database. It is based on the Local Food Coop software (http://sourceforge.net/projects/foodcoop), with support for box schemes in the UK.
Non-Profit Organizations, Agriculture
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/foodhub/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.