This is the Windows app named Cotovía whose latest release can be downloaded as cotovia-lang_0.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Cotovía with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DESCRIPTION:Cotovía is a unit-selection text-to-speech system for Galician and Spanish. Cotovía is distributed under the GPL3.0+ license, but each of the avaliable speaker voices has its own license. The speakers available at sourceforge are free for commercial and non-commercial uses. Another speaker, free for non-commercial uses, is avaliable through external links (see the Blog section).
Cotovia has been developed by the University de Vigo and the center 'Ramón Piñeiro' for Research in Humanities, both in Galicia, Spain. Its development has involved a research group of linguists and engineers.
Cotovía has been developed as a research project, therefore most of the work has been focused on the most interesting aspects from a scientific point of view. Although the performance of the whole TTS system is quite good, there are some parts that could be clearly improved.
Cotovia files and installing instructions are available at the Files and Git sections.
- Text-to-Speech for Galician and Spanish (command-line interface)
- Unit-selection speech synthesis with some improvements.
- Several speaker voices are available.
- Some other annotated speech resources are or will be also available.
- Cotovía can be also used for other related purposes such as automatic phonetic transcription or POS tagging.
- Integration with screen readers (like ORCA or Jovie) through Speech Dispatcher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dCFpc3XNA).
Information Technology, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cotovia/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.