This is the Windows app named Craft whose latest release can be downloaded as v1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Craft with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A simple Minecraft clone written in C using modern OpenGL (shaders). A very performant Minecraft clone written in just a few thousand lines of C using modern OpenGL (shaders). Online multiplayer support is included using a Python-based server. Many people have used this as a base upon which a more complex game was built. Simple but nice looking terrain generation using simplex noise. More than 20 types of blocks and more can be added easily. Supports plants (grass, flowers, trees, etc.) and transparency (glass). Simple clouds in the sky (they don't move). Day / night cycles and a textured sky dome. Signs, you can write text on any block. Lights, any block can be set as a light source. Ambient occlusion for basic shading of blocks. World changes persisted in a sqlite3 database. Multiplayer support!
- More than 20 types of blocks
- The terrain is generated using Simplex noise
- The world is split up into 32x32 block chunks in the XZ plane
- Mac and Windows binaries are available on the website
- Chunk buffers are completely regenerated when a block is changed in that chunk
- User changes to the world are stored in a sqlite database
- Multiplayer mode is implemented using plain-old sockets
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/craft.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.