This is the Windows app named CRC RevEng whose latest release can be downloaded as reveng-3.0.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CRC RevEng with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
CRC RevEng is a portable, arbitrary-precision CRC calculator and algorithm finder. It calculates CRCs using any of the 110 preset algorithms, or a user-specified algorithm to any width. It calculates reversed CRCs to give the bit pattern that produces a desired forward CRC. CRC RevEng also reverse-engineers any CRC algorithm from sufficient correctly formatted message-CRC pairs and optional known parameters. It comprises powerful input interpretation options. Compliant with Ross Williams' Rocksoft(tm) model of parametrised CRC algorithms.
- Reverse-engineers CRC algorithms
- Arbitrary precision, calculates and solves CRCs of any bit width
- Bit oriented, accepts messages of any bit length
- Handles binary, octal, hex, and text input strings, 7-bit and 8-bit files
- Calculates CRCs forwards or backwards, to help produce a desired CRC value
- Define your own algorithm, or use one of 110 traceable presets
- Written in portable C, adapts to most architectures
Information Technology, Telecommunications Industry, Developers, Security Professionals, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/reveng/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.