This is the Windows app named CrococryptQuerl whose latest release can be downloaded as CQuerl1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CrococryptQuerl with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
CrococryptQuerl (CQuerl) is a web-based open-source file encryption and file exchange tool.
If you trust the application service provider which is running CrococryptQuerl, it can be seen as an "anonymous & encrypted safe deposit box for computer files".
The encryption is done on-the-fly using the user's password. Of course, this requires a trusted TLS/SSL connection to the server running CQuerl.
The user provides a file and password and receives an ID. No plaintext data is stored in CQuerl including filenames. If the user looses the ID or forgets the password, the encrypted file cannot be recovered - even by the service provider.
* A demo running on Google's App Engine (GAE) can be found here:
==> GAE limits the files to be uploaded to 1MB(!).
==> The file database will be cleared occasionally.
==> Crypto seems to be working slowly on GAE, so be patient! ;)
- file encryption
- file exchange
- secure file transfer
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/crococryptquerl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.