This is the Windows app named CVTRPGFREE whose latest release can be downloaded as CVTRGPFREE_V1_5_07.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named CVTRPGFREE with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This IBM i (aka iSeries, AS400) command provides for code modernisation by converting fixed-format RPG and RPGLE source code into fully free-form RPGLE source in a non-destructive manner.
* P-Specs (Subprocedures)
* Key Lists
* Parameter Lists
**PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES YOU FIND**
NOTE: Requires V7R2M0 or higher.
This started out as a 'quick and dirty' program for my own needs, but it got a little out of hand! :) It's not an example of my best work, as it has grown organically over time, rather than having been built sytematically, so hopefully you'll forgive some of my coding faux-pas.
** If you find something that won't convert, or doesn't convert properly, please let me know, and I'll fix it for you and the benefit of everyone else. **
iMenu - flexible menu system: https://sourceforge.net/projects/i-menu/
- Non-destructive conversion: The utility converts the source from one member to a new member (the original source is left untouched), converting, where possible, fixed-format code to free-form code.
- Clearer, cleaner code: Free-form code (both new and existing) is indented to show nesting, and all opcodes are converted to a standard case format for consistency. Comments are tidied up and can be indented to follow the code indentation, making the code much easier on the eye.
- Definition consolidation: All in-line field definitions are moved to 'D' specs. Duplicate definitions (which do not generate compiler errors when defined in fixed-format) are dropped to avoid confusion.
- Consistent free-form definitions: File, constant and variable declarations are converted to their free-form equivalents (see caveats in documentation).
- CMS-friendly: Converted lines retain their original change date and line markers in order to avoid flagging changes in CMSes that use such features to track changes.
- Audit Report: An audit report is produced listing every source member processed by the utility, detailing the number of lines, the number of lines converted and a conversion ratio.
- Mass conversion: The utility can be run for all members of a source file, enabling the mass conversion of legacy code to the latest free-form version.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cvtrpgfree/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.