This is the Windows app named Daphne whose latest release can be downloaded as Daphne_setup_x86.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Daphne with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Daphne is a system tray application for process killing, controlling and debugging. It's development started back in 2005. It was first thought to kill a set of windows process at once. With the time it became a GPL task manager replacement for Windows. You can kill a process by dragging the mouse over the windows, by right-clicking the process in the main process list, or by typing its name with the "Kill all by name" command. You can set a any window to be always on top, to be transparent, to be enable, et cetera. Although Daphne was born just to kill windows process. You can think of Daphne as a task manager replacement. The main window displays a list of currently running process with detailed information about: CPU usage, Process ID, Process name, Full path (and arguments), Priority, Class (Process / Service), Current memory usage, Peek memory usage, Current swap usage, Peek swap usage and Number of threads.
- Shows comprehensive process information
- Hide running applications
- Batch kill process or close windows by name
- Drag and drop tool
- Windows explorer integration
System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows), Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/daphne/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.