This is the Windows app named DAR - Disk ARchive whose latest release can be downloaded as dar64-2.7.9-win64.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DAR - Disk ARchive with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DAR - Disk ARchive
DAR is a command-line backup and archiving tool that uses selective compression (not compressing already compressed files), strong encryption, may split an archive in different files of given size and provides on-fly hashing, supports differential backup with or without binary delta, ftp and sftp protocols to remote cloud storage
Archive internal's catalog, allows very quick restoration even a single file from a huge, eventually sliced, compressed, encrypted archive eventually located on a remote cloud storage, by only reading/fetching the necessary data to perform the operation.
Dar saves *all* UNIX inode types, takes care of hard links, sparse files as well as Extended Attributes (MacOS X file forks, Linux ACL, SELinux tags, user attributes) and some Filesystem Specific Attributes (Linux ext2/3/4, Mac OS X HFS+)
more details at: http://dar.linux.free.fr/doc/Features.html
- Integrated compression (gzip, bzip2, lzo, xz/lzma) and encryption
- Public key encryption (PGP) and strong encryption (AES, twofish, blowfish, serpent, camellia)
- Sliced archive in files of requested size
- Arbitrarily large file backup and archive creation
- Full/incremental/differential/decremental backup
- binary delta available when performing incremental/differential backups
- Handle any type of inode (directory, plain files, special devices, symlinks, named pipes, sockets, doors...)
- Hardlink support for plain files, special devies, softlinks, named pipes,
- Sparse file detection and restoration
- Extended Attributes support (including Linux ACL and MacOS X File Forks)
- Fast restoration of files even from compressed and/or encrypted archive
- native sftp and ftp protocols support to use remote cloud storage
- Support for tape (sequential reading mode)
- Table contents isolation for use as differential backup or if archive corruption occurred
- On-fly md5, sha1 or sha512 hash file generation for each archive slice
- Hooks for user's scripts between slices
- Hooks for action before and after saving user defined directory of file (suitable for live database backup)
- Detection of file change during backup, possibility to retry a failed file up to a given number times
- Archive merging with default or fine tunable overwriting policy
- Dry-run execution mode
- User comments in archive header
- Archive reslicing without decompression or decryption
- Filesystem Specific Attributes supports (ext2/3/4, HFS+)
- Backup/restoration over ssh or netcat
- Integrated archive protection and repair using Parchive
- truncated archive repairing feature (due to lack of disk space, system crash, power outage)
Information Technology, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop
Other file-based DBMS
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dar/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.