This is the Windows app named Dark Master - Fork whose latest release can be downloaded as DarkMasterSetup_1.16.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dark Master - Fork with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Dark Master - Fork
This is a fork of the longer unmaintained Project "Dark Master" which still can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkmaster/
Dark Master allows astrophotographers to quickly match dark frames to light frames based on temperature. The inputs to Dark Master are the directories to the light images and dark images. The output is a DeepSkyStacker file list.
Updates for the fork:
- Sorting of files: Via a pattern you can determine, how the groups and images processed by DarkMaster are saved in a directory. This allows to quickly build a library out of unsorted Darks, that also contains sensor temp information.
- Fixes for exposure times <1s, which lead to exceptions in DarkMaster v1.15
- Reads image files and extracts exif temperature information from DSLR image files, and FITS header information from CCD image files.
- Arranges light frames into temperature groups, then finds darks within the same range.
- Outputs a DeepSkyStacker file list that represents a Group for each temperature range.
- Also groups image files by ISO, Exposure and Resolution.
- Given a root directory, Dark Master scans it and its subdirectories for image files, so you can keep your dark library organized.
- Can sort images/darks (i.e. for ISO, exposure, temperature) into folders to have them neatly organized for use with astro imaging programs
Education, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dark-master-fork/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.