This is the Windows app named ddrescueview whose latest release can be downloaded as ddrescueview-win32-0.4~alpha4.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ddrescueview with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This small tool allows the user to graphically examine ddrescue's mapfiles in a user friendly GUI application. The Main window displays a block grid with each block's color representing the block types it contains. Many people know this type of view from defragmentation programs.
The program is written in Object Pascal using the Lazarus IDE. It can be compiled to run on Windows, GNU/Linux and probably OS X, too.
The downloads include binaries for the respective target platform and the project files (source code).
Update 2020/09/01: ddrescueview version 0.4 alpha 4 has been released. Please consider testing this version. Report issues in the bug tracker if you have a sourceforge account, or by email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Display ddrescue mapfile in a colored block graphic
- Examine each block in the image with a detailed list of map entries inside
- Zoom inside the mapfile, down to sector level
- To keep track of the rescue process, ddrescueview can automatically re-read the mapfile
- Overlay a domain mapfile, if you use one with ddrescue
- Units can be displayed with decimal (KB, MB...) or binary (KiB, MiB...) prefixes
Advanced End Users, System Administrators
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows)
Object Pascal, Lazarus
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ddrescueview/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.