This is the Windows app named DelphiDoom whose latest release can be downloaded as delphi-doom-18.104.22.1689-win32.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DelphiDoom with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This is a source port of the games Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife developed in Delphi.
Source code repository: https://github.com/jval1972/DelphiDoom
Many features have been added to take advantage of modern hardware:
-External hi-res textures
-Advanced 32 bit color software rendering
-Quake (md2) models
-Sloped floors & ceilings
-3d middle floors
-Custom actor definition
-and many more...
In addition provides accurate demo playback of many Vanilla Doom demos.
Supported games include: Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest, Chex Quest 2 and Strife.
- Advanced 32 bit color software rendering
- OpenGL support with md2 models and dynamic lightmaps
- External hi-res textures
- mp3 & midi music
- 3d middle Floors (currently one per sector)
- Advanced script engine (PascalScript) to customize levels and actors
- Custom actor definition (ACTORDEF lumps)
- Console to set environment variables and executing commands
- Automap rotation and overlay
- Textured automap
- Support for up to 256 logical CPUs in software rendering mode
- WAV files inside wad
- Almost all BOOM features
- Limit removing engine
- Support v5 GL-Nodes
- Support for HI_START/HI_END namespace
- Long filename aliases inside WADs
- Uncapped framerate
- Chase camera
- Widescreen support
- Sprites with 16 or 32 rotations
Developers, End Users/Desktop
OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/delphidoom/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.