This is the Windows app named Drive Badger whose latest release can be downloaded as 2021.06.01.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Drive Badger with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Drive Badger is a software tool for data exfiltration – which means, for copying data from the computer to external USB drive.
Unlike many other tools from IT security area, it's not a Proof-of-Concept kind of tool, bringing some groundbreaking techniques. Everything, what Drive Badger does, can be as well run manually, step by step.
Instead, what Drive Badger really does, is doing it all better, by putting the maximum focus on:
- speed - all operation is fully automated, and there are over 340 unique exclude rules, which reduce the amount of files to be copied by eliminating low-value files and directories from the list, and thus save typically over 95% of the time, that would be spent by "naive" script
- stealth - all operation is done below the installed operating system, so totally invisible to the installed security software (anti-virus, DLP, SIEM, EDR etc.)
- support for drive encryption - Microsoft BitLocker and Apple FileVault encryption is supported, including automated matching the keys given as flat list, to particular encrypted partitions
- operator safety - there is no way to distinguish between Drive Badger and ordinary Kali Linux Live drive, or to prove the fact of data exfiltration, until someone knows the proper password (and thanks to PBKDF2 algorithm, there is no way to crack it)
Government, Auditors, Security Professionals, Security
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/drivebadger/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.