This is the Windows app named DualSub whose latest release can be downloaded as dualsub-1.0.0.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named DualSub with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DualSub is a tool which allows you to merge two SRT subtitles in a single file. The idea of using merged subtitles (let's call them dual subtitles) is to watch movies/series in original version with two sets of subtitles. Why is this useful? Dual subtitles can be used to learn a second language while watching movies/series. The typical case is when your mother tongue is not English but you want to watch movies/series in English. Then you have several options: 1. Learn English ; 2. Watch it with subtitles ; 3. Watch it translated to your mother language ; 4. Do not watch it. DualSub is a tool for those people between options 1 and 2. If your English is not perfect, you usually face to idioms, words and expression you do not know. By watching movies/series with dual subtitles (i.e. its original subtitles plus a translation) you will never be in doubt anymore of those expressions you do not understand, since the translation is instantaneous.
- Merge subtitles
- Translate subtitles
- Configuration for player, timing, output and translation
- GUI in several languages
- Help dialogues in the GUI
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dualsub/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.