This is the Windows app named Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup whose latest release can be downloaded as stone_soup-0.27.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup
An open source roguelike adventure through dungeons filled with dangerous monsters in a quest to find the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot. Crawl may seem easier than many other roguelikes at first glance, but dig a little deeper and you'll find it's just as challenging as some of the most difficult variations out there and a good deal harder than the rest. A strong set of design philosophies makes it much friendlier (and generally fairer) to the player - deaths are a learning experience instead of an exercise in frustration. Crawl also sports a number of systems and mechanics that diverge from more traditional roguelikes. For example, there's less emphasis on character classes (or backgrounds in Crawl parlance); your character is defined more by their skills, species and choice of deity than their background. Crawl includes an in-game tutorial and manual in the name of providing something playable without the aid of a guide or wiki.
- The finer details and nuances are left open to discovery by the player
- Less emphasis on character classes
- Characters are defined more by their skills, species and choice of deity
- Sports a number of systems and mechanics that diverge from more traditional roguelikes
- You can play Crawl online, competing with other players or watching them
- Both classical ASCII and tiles (GUI) versions of Crawl are available to download for Linux, Windows and OS X
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dungeoncrawlstonesoup.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.