This is the Windows app named echoes whose latest release can be downloaded as Install-echoes-0.33-Win32.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named echoes with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Echoes it's a radio spectral analysis software for RTL-SDR devices, designed for meteor scattering purposes.
RTL-SDR are very cheap Software Defined Radios that uses DVB-T TV tuner dongles based on Realtek's RTL2832U chipset.
Echoes doesn't demodulate neither decode any human-made signal. Its main goal is to analyze and record the total power of natural signals and generate screenshots and tabular data (CSV, GNUplot) output in presence of particular peaks in a selected narrow range of frequencies. Since there is no demodulation, there is no provision for audio listening, except for a notify sound when an event has been recorded.
- Captures waterfall spectra as PNG screenshots and statistics data files.
- Optionally generates GNUplot data files
- Multiple instances can manage separate dongles plugged in the same computer
- Three operating modes: continuos (records data only), periodic (captures data and screenshot every X seconds) and automatic (record data and screeshot each time a customizable (S-N) treshold is exceeded)
- The same dongle can be shared by different instances simultaneously via UDP
- binary Installers ready for Windows7++ and RPM / DEB / xz for Linux
- It can run headless, recording GNUplot and statistic data only
- Daily archiving of captured shots and data
- HTML report production
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/echoes/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.