This is the Windows app named eDEX-UI whose latest release can be downloaded as eDEX-UI-Windows-ia32.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named eDEX-UI with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
eDEX-UI is a fullscreen, cross-platform terminal emulator and system monitor designed with a customizable science fiction computer interface. Inspired by the TRON Legacy movie effects, eDEX-UI presents a futuristic look and feel while still being able to function as a full-featured terminal emulator.
eDEX-UI offers advanced monitoring support for real-time systems and networks. It also offers full touchscreen support; a directory viewer; and for a completely unique sci-fi experience, advanced customization options via themes, on-screen keyboard layouts, CSS injections, and even optional sound effects. If you’re a science fiction fan or are just looking for something different in a terminal emulator, eDEX-UI will surely satisfy and give you a cool and unique experience.
- Tabs, colors, mouse events and other features
- Supports curses and curses-like applications
- Monitors Real-time systems (CPU, RAM, swap, processes)
- Network monitoring (GeoIP, active connections, transfer rates)
- Full touchscreen support
- Directory viewer that follows the CWD (current working directory) of the terminal
- Advanced customization options, including themes and optional sound effects
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/edex-ui.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.