This is the Windows app named Elementary Algorithms whose latest release can be downloaded as The2ndeditionwithexercisesandanswers.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Elementary Algorithms with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This book introduces elementary algorithms and data structure. It includes side-by-side comparison of purely functional realization and their imperative counterpart. From 2020/12, I started re-writing this book. The PDF can be downloaded for preview (EN, 中文). The 1st edition in Chinese (中文) was published in 2017. I recently switched my focus to the Mathematics of programming, the new book is also available in (github). To build the book in PDF format from the sources, you need the following software pre-installed, TeXLive, The book is built with XeLaTeX, a Unicode friendly version of TeX. You need the GNU make tool, in Debian/Ubuntu like Linux, it can be installed through the apt-get command.
- Elementary algorithms and data structures
- Binomial heap, Fibonacci heap, and pairing heap
- Radix tree, Trie and Prefix Tree
- Binary Search Tree
- Windows, Mac and Linux supported
- TeXLive required
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/elementary-algorithms.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.