This is the Windows app named ePnR whose latest release can be downloaded as MyePnR_081.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ePnR with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ePnR is a simple Integrated Circuit (IC) block standard cell placement & routing tool. ePnR currently supports only circuit blocks using equal height standard cells arranged in one or more channels of user configurable length. Standard cells are described in a simple text based library (compliant with eLogSim). Placement follows initially the cell call order in the SPICE like circuit input netlist. However, a placement optimization, aiming at minimum weighted accumulated wire length, by simulated annealing is available. Routing consists of channel routing as first step. If un-routed connections are left, Maze routing can (optionally) be applied. ePnR does not guarantee completely finished routing. However, un-routed connections will be left with rubberband connections and marked start and end points for subsequent manual routing using a third party layout editor. ePnR outputs in CIF 2.0 format readable by e.g. the free KLayout editor. GDS output is currently not available.
- Simple standard cell placement & routing tool for small-to-medium size IC blocks
- 4-5 layers of routing
- Tool precompiled for popular platforms (Windows 10, Linux, Raspberry Pi4+)
- Easy to compile source with Lazarus IDE
Non-Profit Organizations, Education, Engineering
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/epnr/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.