This is the Windows app named Erebus to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as LinktoErebusfiles.html. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Erebus to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Erebus to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Erebus is a 2D real-time role-playing game, for Windows, Linux, Symbian and Android. This is under development, though already playable with three quests. Classic point-n-click style RPG, with dungeons to explore, enemies to fight, NPCs to talk to, sub-quests to complete, scenery to interact with, weapons, treasure and other items to find. Also supports Rogue-like keyboard controls.
Binaries available for Windows and Android. Linux must be compiled from source. Older versions are available for Symbian.
I am also developing the underlying game engine so that it can potentially be used to create new RPGs.
- Multiple quests (currently three, more will be added as development progresses!)
- Also provides randomly generated dungeons to explore.
- Choice of starting characters (currently Barbarian, Elf, Halfling, Ranger, Warrior), each with their own special skills.
- Start straight into the action - none of this "For your first quest, please find your next door neighbour's pet cat".
- Vector-based world rather than tile-based - so items/scenery can be placed in any position, or aligned in any direction.
- 2D animated graphics, with zoom in/out, and lighting effects.
- Completely free and Open Source - no ads, unlike many free Android apps.
- User interface optimised to work with mouse, keyboard and/or touchscreen.
- Cross-platform - available for Windows, Linux, Nokia Symbian and Android devices.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/erebusrpg/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.