This is the Windows app named EtiC Galaxy simulation whose latest release can be downloaded as EtiCV2_1Windows.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named EtiC Galaxy simulation with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
EtiC Galaxy simulation
EtiC is a galaxy simulation software that generates and renders a mock galaxy for rational estimation of the number of extraterrestrial civilizations.
Stars and planets are simulated with plausible physical characteristics, based on user-adjustable parameters.
An EtiC simulation run consists to generate a galaxy disk physical stars, associate planets to the stars, and for habitable planets, simulate the life stages evolution until extinction.
A visual animation of the galaxy and user selection of highlighted star-planet objects is provided, together with statistics (25+ graphs) and estimates of Drake equation factors.
The V2_1 provides several new features: planets surface magnetic field, reworked life stage transitions, integration of MW exoplanets catalog, planets view and graphs window optionally on different threads...
EtiC is based on OpenGL / GLFW 3.2, runs on MSWindows 7 and MacOsX.
Source code in C++, was developped using the Dev-C++ IDE and XCode.
- Galaxy simulation
- Drake equation estimates
- OpenGL, GLFW, GLSL
- 3D rendering
Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/etic/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.