This is the Windows app named ExpTimer whose latest release can be downloaded as ExpTimer_v22.214.171.124.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ExpTimer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ExpTimer is developed as an easy-to-use timer to facilitate complex, multi-step experimental protocols.
The advantages of ExpTimer are that it takes away the fiddling around with typical lab timers, which have to be reset after each action, and at the same time it shows you what to do next. You just enter your own protocol, press “start” and you do not have to worry about timers anymore, especially when you already have your hands full with your protocol. If something goes wrong during your experimental procedure, just press “pause” (to pause the timer) or “reset” (to start all over again).
Of course, the program has a much broader area of application than experiments only.
- multi-step protocols
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/exptimer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.