This is the Windows app named Firefly UML whose latest release can be downloaded as FireflyUMLAlpha.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Firefly UML with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Firefly UML is a 100% pure Java application designed to create and edit UML conform diagrams. With class diagrams, sequence and instance diagrams, Firefly UML provides a solid selection from the vast range of existing UML diagram types.
Firefly UML is really easy to learn as it provides you multiple ways of access to the same function - be it mouse action, hotkey, context menu or toolbar icon. And the best thing is: once you have learned how to handle one type of diagram, you also have learned how to deal with the other diagram types, because they all follow the exactly same user interaction patterns.
Besides being user-friendly, Firefly also offers powerful features which other free editors usually do not. For example, you can import your existing Java project into Firefly and generate nice-looking class diagrams within a matter of minutes. You can also go the other way around and export your model as skeleton Java code.
- Easy to learn and use
- Tailor-made for Java developers who want quick diagrams for their code
- Import existing Java projects and let Firefly do the work for you
- Create and modify class models from scratch directly within Firefly
- Export your models into skeleton Java code
- Supports Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and instance diagrams
- Firefly enables you to share the same classes in multiple diagrams in your project - change one, and the others will update automatically
- Project support enables you to keep your files together and quickly load previous projects
- Fast and powerful custom rendering engine based on SWING
Science/Research, Education, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fireflyuml/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.