This is the Windows app named FLTR ◆ Foreign Language Text Reader whose latest release can be downloaded as foreign_language_text_reader_1_4_0_complete.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FLTR ◆ Foreign Language Text Reader with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
FLTR ◆ Foreign Language Text Reader
FLTR (Foreign Language Text Reader) helps you to do both extensive and intensive reading as part of your foreign language acquisition in an easy and pleasant way.
READ MORE: https://foreign-language-text-reader.sourceforge.io
PLEASE NOTE: THIS website - managed by the developers - is the ONE and ONLY source for the ORIGINAL FLTR software. Other download URLs may offer a not up-to-date or modified FLTR.
- FLTR helps you to do both extensive and intensive reading as part of your foreign language acquisition in an easy and pleasant way.
- While reading, you look up unknown words in web dictionaries (you must be online to do so) or locally installed dictionary applications and save vocabulary terms (words and multi-word expressions) with translations, romanization (like Pinyin, Hiragana, etc., optional) and example sentence (optional). Each term has also a learning status (1/"Unknown" to 5/"Known", plus Statuses "Ignored" and "Well Known") with an associated color.
- The saved words will automatically show up with all their data and status in all texts in the same language. They can be easily imported into flashcard software like Anki or Mnemosyne via the export function.
- FLTR is programmed in Java 1.8 aka Java 8. To run FLTR, you need an installed Java 1.8+ Runtime Engine (JRE) from Oracle - https://www.java.com or OpenJDK - https://openjdk.java.net/install/ . The program runs on macOS, Windows 10, and Linux - under every OS where Java is available. There is no need to be online while using FLTR, however you must be online if you use online dictionaries.
- FLTR reads and writes its data (language definitions, texts, terms, export, general settings) in UTF-8 text or TAB-delimited CSV files, which makes it easy to add, change, or extract data with simple to use programs like a text editor or a spreadsheet program.
- READ MORE ABOUT FEATURES AND PROGRAM USAGE ... https://foreign-language-text-reader.sourceforge.io
- HAPPY LANGUAGE LEARNING!
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/foreign-language-text-reader/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.