This is the Windows app named FXCM API whose latest release can be downloaded as FxtsAPI-1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named FXCM API with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This is API (Application Programming Interface) for automating FOREX trading with FXCM (http://www.fxcm.com) accounts. It relies on network protocol used for first generation of FX TradingStation which is no longer used by FXCM so **the API is not functional anymore**.
The API has been developed by reverse engineering network traffic between FX TradingStation (FXCM's trading platform) and FXCM's servers. The API substitutes client side of FX TradingStation (FXTS) system so FXCM servers treat Python code using this API as regular FXTS session.
The API has been developed in time when automated trading was not available to retail traders or access to API was too "expensive" (deposit on account bigger than $100k).
Today FXCM API is open to all FXCM traders and more can be found at:
Information Technology, Financial and Insurance Industry, Advanced End Users, Developers
Non-interactive (Daemon), Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxts2-api/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.