This is the Windows app named Gekko Timeseries Software whose latest release can be downloaded as InstallerForGekko.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Gekko Timeseries Software with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Gekko Timeseries Software
Gekko Timeseries Software is a free time-series oriented software package for timeseries handling, and solving and analyzing large-scale economic models. Since 2009, Gekko is being used by Danish ministeries, banks, interest groups and universities, for the simulation of economic and energy-related models. The software runs under Windows (.NET), and is open source (GNU GPL)
- Timeseries-oriented software.
- Flexible data banks: annual, quarters and months
- Dynamically loaded and compiled models
- Gauss and Newton solvers, with ordering and feedback logic. Fair-Taylor solver for forward-looking models.
- Any number of simultaneous goals/means possible
- Solving forward-looking models (leaded vars)
- In-built equation browser, with variable list
- Decomposition of changes in equations.
- Double precision, and missing values handled consistently
- User-defined functions
- Matrix calculations, linear algebra
- Seasaonal correction (X12A)
- Interface to R
- Strict language syntax (via in-built ANTLR parser), with loops, conditionals etc. (more of this to come).
- Graphics by means of embedded gnuplot
- Tabelling and menu system, outputting in text, html or Excel
- Read/write from Excel or other spreadsheets.
- Used by the following Danish organizations: Statistics Denmark, Ministry of Finance, Danish Energy Agency, Risoe DTU. Models: ADAM, EMMA.
- Easy installation by means of Windows installer
- Open source. No licenses to compilers etc. -- everything used is C#/.NET (+ gnuplot and 7zip), so everything is open-source, and therefore free of charge.
Government, Financial and Insurance Industry, Education
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gekkomodeling/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.