This is the Windows app named GemRB Game Engine whose latest release can be downloaded as gemrb-win32-v0.9.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GemRB Game Engine with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
GemRB Game Engine
GemRB (Game engine made with pre-Rendered Background) is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware's Infinity Engine.
It was written to support pseudo-3D role playing games based on the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset (Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment). It should run on GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, possibly other UNIX derivatives and more. It is licensed under the GPL.
- Almost full compatibility with bg1, bg2 and iwd1 (can be played from start to end)
- Partial compatibility with pst and iwd2
- Extensible plugin-based design
- Many limitations of the original engine(s) were removed
- High portability, including improvements for touch based input
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
X Window System (X11), OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows), Cocoa (MacOS X), SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.