This is the Windows app named Gimpel3D whose latest release can be downloaded as G3DCodeBaseFull_1_27_2014.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Gimpel3D with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The main download link is the installer for the compiled application. NOTE: The help files are accessible from within the application, from the main menu. The source code is bundled separately.
Gimpel3D converts single images or frame sequences into stereoscopic 3D using a combination of traditional approaches and a proprietary projective modeling system.
The user works in true proportional space where the scene can be viewed from any location. The scene is edited geometrically in space using tools specifically designed to work with the perspective projection of the image.
This creates a virtual workspace that is intuitive for the user and proportionally accurate.
NOTE: The entire codebase is currently in a single zip file (look under "Files"), and NOT in the sourceforge project repository..
- Projective 3D Modeling
- Stereoscopic Rendering
OpenGL, Win32 (MS Windows), Project is a 3D engine, Project is a graphics toolkit
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpel3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.