This is the Windows app named giServer whose latest release can be downloaded as giServer-1.0.0_platform_independent.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named giServer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The giServer is an easy-to-use integration server for process automation and event-driven or scheduled execution of batch jobs.
Instead of using complex XML configuration files an elaborate GUI for batch job management is included.
Some possible usage scenarios are:
- Automatic processing of incoming data files
- Big Data applications
- Process automation
- Data Mining/Aggregation applications
- Automatic Reporting
- Processing and analysis of database records
- Parallel batch processing
- Queues for sequential execution of batch jobs
- Unlimited queues for each client
- Scheduled and periodical start of batches
- Event driven start of batches
- Manual start of batches
- User managing system with a hierarchy of rights
- Platform independent
- Java programming interface for managing giServer and for development of parallelized batch applications
- GUI for managing server-configurations and permanent control over batch job progress
- Pluggable batch information and control component for implementation in your own Java client applications
- Extensible via Plugins
- Various logging mechanisms for individual batches and the giServer itself
- Currently the giServer supports MS-SQL-Server, DB/2, Informix and HSQL-databases (In future we plan to generalize this to arbitrary JDBC-driven systems)
- Support for NoSQL MongoDB-Servers
- Automatic connection pooling
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Testers
Java Swing, Command-line
Project is a database abstraction layer (API), HSQL, JDBC, MySQL, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gadivintegrationserver/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.