This is the Windows app named Git Extensions whose latest release can be downloaded as GitExtensions-Portable-18.104.22.16800-25100ec1f.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Git Extensions with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Git Extensions is a standalone UI tool for managing Git repositories. It also integrates with Windows Explorer and Microsoft Visual Studio (2015/2017/2019). The full commit history can be browsed. Branches are shown using a graph which highlights commits that are included in the current revision. Explore the history of single files. Renamed and moved files are matched and shown in a single history. You do not need to mark files as renamed/moved. The system detects renamed files automatically. Find the last person that edited a specific part of a file. Double click on the line shows the commit and allows you to drill-down to other files. Version 2.x of Git Extensions runs on multiple platforms using Mono. The active community of Git Extensions is supporting Git Extensions since 2008.
- Windows Explorer integration for Git
- Visual Studio (2015/2017/2019) plugin
- Feature rich user interface for Git
- View commit log
- File history
- Multi platform
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/git-extensions.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.