This is the Windows app named GitVersion whose latest release can be downloaded as gitversion-win-x86-5.12.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GitVersion with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
GitVersion is free to use, improve, contribute and distribute. Source code is available on GitHub under MIT license. GitVersion is built for many different use-cases and workflows, so whether you use Mainline, Git Flow or GitHub Flow, GitVersion has you covered. Gitversion is highly configurable and can be made to support your specific versioning scheme, almost regardless of what it may be. Expose version variables in different formats to the tools you use. Use GitVersion locally or in a build pipeline with TeamCity, AppVeyor, Jenkins or any of the other supported build servers. GitVersion is a tool that generates a Semantic Version number based on your Git history. The version number generated from GitVersion can then be used for various different purposes. GitVersion can be used in a Continuous Server pipeline to generate a version number that both labels the build itself and makes the different version variables available to the rest of the build pipeline.
- The Command Line gives most flexibility by allowing the execution of GitVersion to be customized
- Just install with NuGet and GitVersion will automatically generate assembly version information that is compiled into the resulting artifact
- The highest base version is selected, using that base version as the new version is calculated
- Install with NuGet and use GitVersion as a software library
- If the current commit is tagged, the tag is used and build metadata
- A set of strategies are evaluated to decide on the base version and some metadata about that version
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gitversion.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.