This is the Windows app named Goozzee whose latest release can be downloaded as goozzee.src.2.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Goozzee with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Goozzee allows you to easily create, browse and share knowledge bases & documentation repositories, using topic maps.
Use this software to store notes, files of any type - even very large ones. Create links between your notes and files, and browse through your knowledge base by following these links, or simply search using the fast and powerful full text search engine.
The GUI is written in C++ (using wxWidgets for easier cross-platform portability), and data is saved in a mysql relational database.
Goozzee is available in 2 versions :
- "Personal Edition" : single-user mode, using an embedded Mysql database engine.
- "Network Edition" : multi-user mode, where Goozzee uses a mysql or MariaDB server to store its data.
- multi platform : Windows / Mac OSX / Linux
- fast C++ gui
- internal WYSIWYG text editor with utf-8 support
- store notes, files of any type, and properties. Goozzee can manage tens of thousands of notes and files.
- design your own way of organizing your notes using a class-instance hierarchy of categories
- use the inheritance feature to inherit properties and documents from class to instances
- create templates -- with predefined properties and documents -- that will speed up data entry
- build a network of knowledge by creating links between your notes
- browse your knowledge base by following the links you created
- retrieve information within seconds, using the fast full-text search engine
- assign scopes to your notes and documents, and filter the data displayed by selecting the scope you want to see
- create shortcuts to your favorite notes
- 2 versions :
- - "Network Edition" : multi-user use with users and groups access rights
- - "Personal Edition" : single-user use, with fast and very easy setup
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows), Cocoa (MacOS X), wxWidgets, GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/goozzee/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.