This is the Windows app named idcheck whose latest release can be downloaded as idcheck-2.0.21.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named idcheck with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Cookie based web authentication and single sign on system for largish intranets under a single domain where many, untrusted, people run their own web services. The server uses a private cookie scoped only for the client browser and the idcheck webserver which is always protected with SSL.
In addition to the common practise of using SSL for everything (which idcheck supports). The idcheck system can also be used to provide authentication to websites where you merely want to hide content from various people. For example, an intranet whose contents are available to thousands of people. This is, in fact, its main advantage and feature.
Please check the wiki pages for more info (link above).
Please submit patches or problems via the patches section (link above).
Please note that there are many idcheck RPMs on various web pages. Do not trust or use these versions. Always download them from sf!
- Negotiates a single cookie with the https idcheck server that is not seen by other idchecked servers.
- Supports authentication to websites that dont really need https (e.g. large intranets)
- mod_idchecked webservers only see a cookie for them, which cannot be used against another mod_idchecked webserver.
- Requires an LDAP authentication server. e.g. OpenLDAP or AD.
- Can be integrated into Shibboleth to provide seemless web SS0.
- Normal apache configuration directives - nothing weird.
- IPv6 Experimental support.
- Uses mod_perl. Built with the apache portable runtime and libcurl. It should run on any system where these are suppported.
- So it can be integrated into web applications by simply looking at the REMOTE_USER variable that apache supplies. Anything that can be configured with HTTP Basic Authentication can be idchecked.
- Apache 2.0/2.2/2.4 supported.
Information Technology, System Administrators
Perl, C, PHP
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/idcheck/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.