This is the Windows app named IEDExplorer whose latest release can be downloaded as IEDExplorer_0.79n.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named IEDExplorer with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
IEDExplorer is an IEC 61850 client tool written for testing and educational purposes. IEDExplorer can connect to an IEC61850 device (also called an IED) over MMS (ISO/IEC9506-1 and ISO/IEC 9506-2) communication protocol. The tool is written in pure C# including the MMS ASN.1 parser (based on BinaryNotes ASN.1 tool) and runs in .net environment, on Windows. Linux/Mono support has been lost on the way (volunteers welcome). See Features for what the tool can do for you.
I will appreciate your help in testing and extending the tool!
- connect to an IEC61850 device (IED)
- inspect MMS variables in the tree structure
- read/write values
- issue commands including SBO
- create or delete dynamic variable lists
- activate and read un/buffered reports via dynamic or static variable lists
- read directories and files (e.g. for COMTRADE protection event records)
- capture MMS packets, inspect in XML or tree format
- explore GOOSE messages
- send GOOSE messages
- Inspect SCL files
- Simulate IED using SCL data (feature in experimental ALPHA state, using native libiec61850.dll)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/iedexplorer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.