This is the Windows app named IL-2 Selector to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as IL-2_Selector_3.3.0_Server.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named IL-2 Selector to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
IL-2 Selector to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:The IL-2 Selector is a tool which enhances the memory management of the game "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946".
The game is written in Java, running on a J2SE 1.3.1 JVM. The standard setting utilizes less than 128MB RAM only, which was fine when the game was developed initially, but nowadays patches and mods lead to a situation where more memory is necessary to smoothly run the game.
This tool gives the user the ability to easily setup different memory parameters.
Additionally it features an advanced so called "wrapper" to run modded files within the game's runtime file system. This wrapper runs several hundred times faster than the initial wrapper.dll release by QTim and thus enables the users to run even heavily modded game installations without any significant performance impact.
Last but not least, for fine-tuning the JVM memory usage, this selector features a dll code injection mechanism into the running JVM.
This project is released under the DWTFYWWI Public Domain License.
- IL-2 1946 Launcher
- Enhanced Memory Management for IL-2 1946
- Faster Startup Times for IL-2 1946
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/il2selector/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.